If you’ve followed along this week you know that we ate everything peanuts/peanut butter on Saturday night. The dessert was definitely not healthy one bit. It was rich and creamy and chocolaty and full of bites of peanut butter goodness. And I must thank The Girl Who Ate Everything for this recipe. The great thing about this recipe is that it needs to be refrigerated for at least 4 hours. I made mine the day before and it was still perfect at serving time!
The ingredients are simple.
And the process is EASY. Make brownies, chop brownies, chop Reese’s cups, make pudding, layer! And, if by some chance, your Cool Whip is still frozen…well, I happen to know that your pudding will be just fine in the fridge until the Cool Whip is thawed and ready to add.
- 1 box of brownie mix (and necessary ingredients) or homemade brownies (9x13 pan)
- 1 (5.1 oz.) box of instant vanilla pudding
- 3 cups milk
- ½ cup peanut butter - I used Jif creamy
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
- 16-20 snack size peanut butter cups (NOT miniature ones)
- 3-4 extra peanut butter cups for garnish
- Thaw your Cool Whip.
- Bake brownies according to instructions. I used parchment paper to easily lift them out of the pan for cutting. Cut them into 1-inch pieces once cooled.
- For the pudding, combine pudding and milk and beat for 2-3 minutes in a mixing bowl. Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until smooth. Fold in 2 cups of the Cool Whip.
- Chop up the peanut butter cups.
- Layer in the trifle dish: ½ brownies, ½ peanut butter cups, ½ pudding. Repeat.
- Top off with the leftover Cool Whip and another few chopped peanut butter cups. Since I made mine the day before, I waited and did this step right before serving.
- Chill at least 4 hours before serving.