For most people, Thanksgiving is about the turkey, the dressing, the cranberry sauce, etc. For me? Marshmallow Salad. This is my grandmother’s recipe that I can remember eating from the time I can begin remembering. A family tradition for sure. It’s like our other family tradition of Skyline Chili – you either love it or you hate it. Enjoy!
- 1 bag miniature marshmallows
- 1 jar maraschino cherry halves
- 1 - 15 oz can of pineapple chunks
- 2 - 11 oz cans of mandarin oranges
- 1 - 16 oz container of sour cream (I use Breakstone’s reduced fat)
- Drain all of the fruit.
- Combine all ingredients into a large bowl until the fruit and marshmallows are evenly coated with sour cream.
- Refrigerate a few hours before serving.
- You can also add a can of fruit cocktail or coconut.