This is a quick and easy appetizer that is sure to be a hit at any gathering. It can be made with or without the pepperoni or any other toppings. I was taking mine to a Super Bowl party for this photo, so I placed my pepperoni into the shape of a football.
I also like this recipe because I will often complete steps 2 & 3 ahead of time especially if I’m serving it at home. I will mix the cream cheese and Italian seasoning and get it into the pie plate and off to the refrigerator. Then right before or during a gathering I will top it off and pop it into the oven.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
- 2 cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese, divided
- ½ cup Pizza or Spaghetti Sauce (1 small Boboli pizza sauce works well)
- Pepperoni, optional
- Wheat Thins or Other Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat cream cheese and Italian seasoning until well blended (this can be done in a bowl with a spoon if the cream cheese is softened).
- Spread onto the bottom of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Top with a layer of 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Top with a layer of the pizza or spaghetti sauce.
- Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Top with pepperoni.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated and cheese is melted.
- Serve with crackers.