I returned from
the dead a stomach bug this afternoon and headed to a work meeting about 30 minutes from my house trying to decide what to post today. And then Bonnie Tyler’s “Total Eclipse of the Heart” came on the radio. What station was I listening to?? Yikes. Anyway, it was a sign that it was time for one of the posts I drafted quite awhile ago and have just been sitting on…9 Truths and A Lie.
First inspired by My 3 Little Birds and then by June & Bear, here’s my own version. I loved how My 3 Little Birds was inspired by an icebreaker. HA! Sadly, I’ve facilitated this icebreaker…3 Truths and A Lie. So, can you guess my lie (hubby – you are not allowed to play)? Answer will be revealed next Wednesday.
When we lived in Birmingham, former “Bachelor” star Brooke Smith (shown above) was our news traffic lady. I trained for my very first 5K and so did she. We ended up running our first 5K together and cheering each other on the whole time. She was just what you would expect – a
sweatysweet southern girl.
- In high school, we had a group called STAND (Students Taking Action Not Drugs) instead of SADD. And I was a part of this group. So maybe I was the leader of it. We did a skit about drunk driving in front of the entire school to the song “Total Eclipse of the Heart”. It did not receive a standing ovation.
- When I graduated from the 8th grade my grandparents took me to Europe with my aunt (5 years older than me) and a bus-load of elderly people. It was actually pretty cool because
we got to see nude beacheswe got to see the places from the “Sound of Music” and sat through the Passion Play in Oberammergau.
- I almost had my second child in a car. On the highway. But luckily made it to the ER of a hospital that doesn’t even deliver babies.
- I’ve declined an emerald ring for my 10th wedding anniversary in order to get a patterned stamped concrete walkway connecting our driveway to our backyard patio.
- My grandparents took the entire family to Disney a couple of times. There were 38 of us total (they had 7 kids and I have 20-something cousins). The cousins had to wear Disney shirts that said “Thanks grandma and grandpa!” on a specific day – boys in blue and girls in hot pink. And with our names on the back. Oh, and I was in HIGH SCHOOL. I absolutely refused to wear the shirt. See I was the second-oldest cousin and completely embarrassed. I caused a huge scene and my grandma even cried and called me ungrateful.
- The first time I had AC and cable was when I moved to college.
- In the 8th grade I sang “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer” solo on stage with someone in an actual Rudolph costume dancing around me. Great Christmas program that year, I’m telling ya.
- I’ve met both the Slush Puppie King (at a family member’s funeral) and Orville Redenbacher (in an airport).
- While I was at Xavier, I was an R.A. On the floor with the men’s basketball team. I got to know some of the guys really well. I even kicked a few of them out of a lunch table once when they ignored our jackets saving the space. They were extremely apologetic and my off-campus friends couldn’t believe what I had done.
So, best guess?? Anyone??