I’m loving my new iPad. More than
my children I’d like to admit. I’ll have another post soon about all of the fun time suckers things I am able to do with it. In all honesty, it’s probably saving me some time with multi-tasking, etc., but it is truly a TOY. An indulgence. But now I must name it, because every iPad needs a name, right? No, I opted out of engraving it (because that just seemed weird), but I still think it needs a name. I asked for suggestions on Facebook and here are a few of those (the first 5) along with my own additions (the last 5).
- GAL 9000
- “I’m sorry Dave. That video requires Flash.” (So apparently both #1 & #2 were references to 2001: A Space Odyssey which I only know because of Google.)
- Paddy or Padtrick…due to me being Patricia?
- Zsa Zsa von iPad
- Something from The Golden Girls. Apparently it’s cool. A co-worker has an iTouch named Blanche Devereaux and a Blackberry named Estelle. So, Dorothy? Bea? Rose? Betty?
- Paddy-Cake. Because Henry’s latest accomplishment is clapping on command when you say “Henry, Patty Cake!” And it’s so cute, that if we incorporated “Paddy-Cake” into our conversation more at home, it would be worth it to see him light up and clap.
- Stella’s choices? Boney, Stella, or Gnomey…what??? Lesson learned. Don’t ask your 4-year old to name the iPad. Should have known better after living with “Baby Jesus”.
- i-Tampon or i-Kotex. It comes up everytime you search Google about naming the iPad.
- Better yet…Maxine. Maxi for short. Can’t you hear the girls now at the airport arguing, “Give me back mommy’s Maxi pad!” Or asking, “Mom, can I play with your Maxi pad?”