So, not much happening at our house now that Stella’s birthday is over. Who am I kidding? Not much happening tonight because we are exhausted. But things are always on-the-go over here and I always seem to be preparing for the next thing…which in this case is a trip to Florida on Saturday morning. Just me. And the girls. We’re heading to Ft. Lauderdale to visit my dad for his 60th birthday. The boys are going to stay home and kick-off the Tour de France all alone.
I pondered which of the many topics in my head to write about tonight, but there are dishes to be done and laundry to be folded…so I leave you with this instead:
- I think the above book is HILARIOUS. And I particularly enjoy when it’s read by Samuel L. Jackson (forward to 0:55 where he begins reading). They couldn’t have gotten a better voice. I wish I could read this to Charlotte every night. She is our latest bedtime staller. It drives me crazy. Because she sometimes wakes Henry while screaming for us. Our latest tactic is to take her out of her room, walked her all the way to the basement, and then chat with her there. (It’s a rec room, people…not a dungeon!) She still doesn’t like being away from “sissy” and cooperates afterwards in order to stay in their room. But, back to the book. Apparently TONS of other parents relate to it as well since it is quickly a bestseller. But now there is this article pointing out why the book is not funny. I still think it’s funny. Because I’m living it in my head every night. Must I say I would NEVER read this book to my children? I wouldn’t.
- Here is something that I definitely disagree with: teaching toddlers how to pole dance. Don’t believe me? Read it HERE. A friend forwarded that article to me and couldn’t believe I wouldn’t jump on the chance to sign up the girls (ha!). My reply: “Nah, they are too overbooked right now with swimming, soccer, and the sexting language classes.” (double ha!)
- Yuengling is apparently coming to Ohio in October – YIPPEE! Now Andy and I can drink the beer we love when we are reading the above book to our children at bedtime after the pole dancing classes just mentioned.
- This is the best I can come up with for a post when I’m living Kroger trip to Kroger trip. See I am a grocery planner – I love the list, the coupons, the plan. Lately, I’m out of my element. Instead of one organized trip, I keep finding myself in Kroger or Walmart or Target every day picking up the ONE item I need for that moment/evening. Living like this is driving me CRAZY. However, I just started using Penultimate on my iPad for keeping my grocery list in a “notebook” and I love it.
- And speaking of my iPad…just how cool is the ability to put all of your home DVDs on it! We are using the software called WinX DVD Ripper Platinum with great success. Loading up the iPad with a few Disney movies to hopefully keep the girls content on the plane.
More on naming my iPad in tomorrow’s post. Any suggestions??? Night Ya’ll…