Remember that yummy Mojito recipe I shared in the past? Well, those same friends just introduced us to the Pepino. And YUM! This is another fabulous summer cocktail. So many thanks to them for sharing their recipes with us. We attended a Lobsta Bake at our pool last night and I decide to bring a pitcher of Pepinos with us for the adults. Andy was kind enough to take on the role of bartender and whipped this up in no time. The recipe is below. We made a double batch shown in this huge pitcher!
And it fit into my new “water bottle” bag!
- 16 - ¼" slices of English Cucumber (also called hothouse cucumber)
- 1-1/2 cups of Silver Tequila
- ¼ cup Cointreau
- 20 Basil Leaves
- ¾ cup Lime Juice (I used 4-5 limes)
- 1-1/2 cups Pineapple Juice
- ⅓ cup Light Agave Nectar (found in sugar aisle)
- 1 bottle (12 fl oz) Cucumber Lime Soda or Lemon Lime Soda (or to taste)
- Muddle half of the cucumber slices in a pitcher.
- Add all other ingredients and stir.
- Serve over ice.
- Garnish with remaining cucumber slices.
It is not recommended to use a regular cucumber. It is more waxy and bitter.