This is the perfect breakfast dish because you can make it the night before and throw it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake it the next morning.
Baked French Toast
- 4 plain English muffins
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1⅔ cup half and half or whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray pie dish with non-stick spray.
- Cut up 4 English muffins into small squares.
- Put in pie dish.
- Mix other ingredients together in a separate bowl with a whisk.
- Pour over the English muffins and be sure that the muffin pieces are coated with the mixture.
- Push down into mixture to fully coat if necessary.
- Sprinkle top with nutmeg.
- At this point you can cover and put in fridge until next morning or put into oven immediately.
- Bake 45 minutes at 350.
- Let sit 10-15 minutes.
- Top with maple syrup and/or powdered sugar.