It’s a cool, cloudy day here. Definitely feels like fall. And the kids have been munching on apples all week. I was reminded of this yummy recipe that’s hidden over on my old Tastes from Tricia’s Table blog. Might just have to whip up some Toffee Apple Dip over the weekend. There are a lot of variations of this dip on Pinterest (some very caramel focused). And those pictures look 1,000 times better. But this blog is reality for me. And in reality…this is what my dip looks like. Ha! Enjoy…you won’t regret this one.
- 1 - 8 oz package cream cheese, softened (1/3 less fat works fine)
- 1 - 8 oz package toffee bits (I love the Heath ones)
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, but I use it)
- Apples for dipping
- Stir together all ingredients until well blended.
- It may seem a bit lumpy or not working at first. But just.keep.stirring. Trust me. It will begin to come together just fine.
- Serve immediately with apple slices or store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 5 days.
If you are taking this somewhere, don't cut the apples until you get there. Better yet, bring along a small cutting board and apple slicer that you can keep right there with the dip. Slice a few at a time to keep the apples from browning. If you are like me, any tiny bit of lemon juice may help the browning, but just kills all flavor...bleh!