Another fall favorite in our house? Soups! Yesterday was the perfect day to throw together this Easy Potato Soup in the crock pot and let it simmer all day. This one is actually super easy and tastes delicious.
Easy Potato Soup
- 4 cans of diced potatoes (or 2 large cans)
- 1½ cans of chicken broth
- 1 can cheddar soup
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 pint half and half (not shown in ingredients photo - forgot it in the fridge!)
- Toppings optional: bacon bits, cheese, crackers
- Rinse 4 cans of diced potatoes and put them in a large pot on the stove.
- Cover with 1½ cans of chicken broth and boil for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a crock pot, heat together the cheddar, cream of mushroom and cream of chicken soups. Stir together until blended.
- Add the potatoes and chicken broth mixture to the soup mixture in the crock pot.
- Add 1 pint of half and half and stir together until blended.
- Keep on low heat.
- Stir frequently so that the soup does not stick.
- Serve with toppings of your choice.
What is your favorite soup?