I can never get enough salad during the summertime. However, I do still like some variety. Thankfully, we invited my cousin and her family over for a cookout earlier this summer. And luckily she married a man that knows food. They brought this salad as their contribution to the meal and it, well…it just MADE THE MEAL.
Is your same-old-salad starting to BORE you?
Here are the simple ingredients you will need for our new summertime favorite:
- Salad greens of your choice – I buy the Simple Truth Organic stuff already packaged at Kroger. For this salad I used the 1/2 Baby Spring, 1/2 Spinach mix. I ALWAYS rewash the greens and run them through my salad spinner. Seems to freshen it up a bit.
- Strawberries – slice them
- Red Onion – 1/2 large one is plenty
- Feta Cheese – one small container
- Dressing – He introduced us to Kroger’s Private Selection White Balsamic & Honey dressing…YUM!!
This salad is best when tossed immediately before serving. I brought it to a gathering recently and was able to do all of the prep work ahead of time. I kept everything in separate containers until dinner. Then I added everything except the dressing and tossed it all up. I usually let people add their own dressing.