So now-a-days my van is more like an RV…we could probably live out of it due to the supplies you’ll find inside. Here’s my Top Ten for the week – a list of what you will find in the mini on any given day:
- Food. I have a stash of kid-friendly and mommy-friendly items in one compartment in case we are ever in need of a snack. The kids and I are known to get a little
unbearablegrumpy if hungry. Apple sauce pouches, granola bars, apple/pear chips, and fruit strips seem to do best in all weather conditions.
- Wipes. What aren’t wipes good for? There’s at least a small pack in there at all times. Have to watch the heat in the summer so that they don’t dry out.
- Emergency kit. Not the jumper-cable type. No, instead I have one of those HUGE Ziploc big bags in the back of each car. Inside of it is a sample pack of wipes, 1 diaper, 1 pull-up, 1 pair of panties, and an extra outfit for each kid and an extra t-shirt for Andy or me. Sounds silly and ridiculously over-planned, but there are many times that we’ve left the house and later asked “Where’s the diaper bag?” and needed that emergency kit.
- Hand sanitizer.
- Stroller. Recently it’s the UPPAbaby I talked about on Saturday.
- Entertainment for the kiddos. We keep a stash of small toys and books in the car for the kids.
- Books on CD. These are for me.
I sometimes find myself really irritated that the kids are with me and I can’t continue the story.I have to make sure I turn it off before the kids get in. The other day the car turned on and after a few minutes I heard “Get the HELL out of here momma” playing over the speakers. I hadn’t realized it was still playing but immediately hit OFF when I heard HELL and Stella said, “Can we turn that back on? I really like it.”
- Chai tea money and gift cards. I keep all of our restaurant/coffee gift cards in the car along with a stash of singles for Starbucks.
- Umbrellas. I literally couldn’t think of a #10 and just walked out to the garage. Umbrellas. Yep, 2 in the car. A boring #10, but that’s all I’ve got.
What’s in your car? Anything you never leave home without? Once again, I’m linking up with oh Amanda….check out the other great Top Ten Lists by clicking below: